Martial Arts Classes are Back at Columbia Gym!
From kids’ karate lessons to self-defense classes for adults, the best martial arts classes are affordable and fun! Columbia Association (CA) offers a variety of martial arts classes for kids, teens, adults, and families. Choose from Aikido, Karate-Taekwondo, Judo, and Kendo — and attend classes at a CA fitness club near you.
Are your kids on their screens all day or spending hours doing virtual learning? Are you looking for ways to get them off their screens and safely doing physical activity? Try CA’s Martial Arts classes for all ages!
Classes are open to both CA members and nonmembers. Classes are offered in two-month sessions.
We’ve put the following safety protocols/procedures in place to ensure the safety of you and your children.
- Limits on class size.
- Students are kept 6 feet apart with stickers on the floor.
- 15 minutes are allotted between classes to clean and sanitize the class area.
- No parents are allowed in the room during class.
- Parents and kids’ temperatures are taken upon arrival.
- Instructors’ temperatures are taking when they arrive to work.
- Masks are required to be worn 100% of the time by the instructor and students during class.
- No physical contact occurs during class.
We are also offering some virtual options for classes. Please contact John Bannon at John.Bannon@
Virtual options are also open to both CA members and non-members.
Would you like your child to be more active, improve their concentration, and develop better athletic and leadership skills? Try martial arts!
Martial arts can help kids and teenagers:
- Get active while improving concentration, confidence, self-esteem and self-discipline
- Improve strength and coordination
- Develop leadership skills by working their way up to becoming an instructor
- Earn community service hours through their work as a black belt instructor
- Put their cell phones down and have fun!
Choose from Aikido, Karate-Taekwondo, Judo, and Kendo. In addition to youth and adult classes (Ages 7- adult), there are programs for Tiny Dragons (ages 2-3), Lil’ Dragons (ages 4-6), and even families. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels are all welcome — and select programs even offer a free class.
Whether you’re looking to improve your concentration and agility, or just looking for a new way to have fun and meet some new friends, martial arts classes have a benefit ― and a belt ― for everyone!